Links to Useful Training Resources
Defence Gateway – This should be the first stop for all CFAVs looking for official training materials.
British Army – The Army website is excellent. They have a particularly interactive section on the equipment and weapons currently in service. Brush up on your military knowledge and learn to recognise some of the equipment we come into contact with during our training.
Royal Navy – Do you know your frigate from your destroyer? The equipment section on the RN website is a great place to start! Learn about ships, submarines, aircraft and the Royal Marines.
- Cadet Signals – Communications with the cadet force
- Cadet Books – A CFAV who has commercialised training materials into a couple of glossy handbooks. Some good YouTube videos too.
- 13 Company Home Resource Centre – A useful repository of training lessons and links to other resources online.
- Ordnance Survey Beginners Guides
- Learn to Map Read with Steve Backshall with the Ordnance Survey on YouTube – A great playlist covering all the basic map reading skills.
- Ordnance Survey Teacher Resources
- National Navigation Award Scheme – Official page of the NNAS awarding body
- Duke of Edinburgh Award – Download page includes route card templates
- St John Ambulance First Aid on YouTube – Some really excellent, easy to follow and comprehensive first aid lessons.
- St John Ambulance First Aid Advice
- RAF Cadets STEM Booklet – An interactive online booklet with ideas and activities to keep you busy.
- Online learning portal – Cadet Pipes and Drums ‘e’ learning resource. The resource is for Cadets and Cadet Force Adult Volunteers who are following the Cadet Force and SQA/PDQB for both Piping and Drumming.
Air Training Corps
- 967 Squadron Air Cadets – Squadron website with many useful ATC and RAF Section resources.