Before a signal is passed, you must make sure you have the attention of the cadet behind you. This can be done in many ways, some of which could include:
- A whistle blast (during a fire fight when there is a lot of noise)
- Clicking or snapping your fingers
- Tapping the rifle butt with your knuckles
Common static field signals
- Field signals are an efficient way of the section commander communicating silently and quickly with the section.
- They should be used whenever possible and constantly practiced.
- You must remain alert to receive any signals, and it is your responsibility to pass on any signals when you receive them.