DIY Training Aides for CFAVs and Senior Cadets
In this video I share some ideas about training aides. Now that we may have some time on our hands, it is a great time to refresh our kit and perhaps try out some new ideas to enhance the delivery of our lessons online and offline (when we finally get let out to play again!)
You can download some of my training aides for your own use in the download section.
In my opinion, a comprehensive training kit should include the following items:
- Printer capable of printing at least A4 colour card
- Laminator capable of laminating what you print
- Guillotine or craft knife / cutting board to cut out your training aides
- Sticky velcro dots or velcro strip
- Self adhesive magnetic tape or sheet
- A small magnetic whiteboard for use in the field
- Some form of teaching board for use in the field. A target would do, as well as a wooden board covered in camouflage cloth. Create a velcro matrix so you can place your training aides anywhere on the board
- Dry wipe markers (selection of colours)
- Thin tip permanent and non-permanent pens for students to use
I’ll share a phrase I heard recently that I thought was rather appropriate to most of us, and that was “we are enthusiastic amateurs not polished professionals.” So don’t be afraid to try something new, and if doesn’t work, cadets will be the first to tell you!